Friday, January 24, 2014

Kat Cooks: How to make Buffalo Chicken Strips

Hey Y'all! It's recipe time! 

Buffalo Chicken Strips

Buffalo chicken is pretty much one of my most favorite things in the whole wide world to eat! However, I've never made them on my own! I really hate to deep fry anything since I always end up getting burnt, so I decided, why not oven bake them?

What You'll Need

Plain Bread Crumbs

Flour

Buttermilk

Eggs

Salt 

Pepper

Garlic Powder

Fresh Chicken Breast Tenders

Buffalo Sauce of your Choice! (I used Yuengling's Wing Sauce!)

First things first, preheat your oven to 450 degrees!

Then, you have to mix up your bread crumb mix. Get a small bowl and mix up the bread crumbs, flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. You can also add any seasoning to your preferred taste. I added a little bit of cajun seasoning tonight when I made them. 

Next, you're going to mix up the egg and buttermilk. Depending how much chicken you're making, you should only need one egg and a little less then a cup of buttermilk. Mix those up all nice together

Now, I'd recommend lightly spraying your pan with some oil so the chicken doesn't stick to it after it's done baking. After that, dip a tender in the egg and buttermilk mix, then dip it into the bread crumb mix and roll it around 'til its completely covered. Put that into your pan. Repeat this 'til all the chicken you could possibly want is all ready.


I had to make a little barrier since my dad wanted BBQ chicken ones instead! Pop them in the over for about 30 minutes. I always check on them through out that though!

After 30 minutes, take them on out!


Start pouring your sauce of choice on top of them, and after they're smothered, stick them back in the over for an additional 15 minutes, or until cooked all the way through!


Yay! Now you have quick and painless buffalo chicken tenders! Serve with what ever you're little heart desires! I also really need to lug out my good camera next time I do a recipe! 

Let me know if you try it, any tweaks you have on it! I'd love to hear them! :)





5 comments:

  1. I may be vegetarian, but I live in a household of carnivores! I'll be sure to bookmark this recipe and make it for my family when I go back home in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I seriously LOVE buffalo chicken for real!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could eat buffalo chicken anything all day longggg. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm stopping by from hbcn and just started following on google friend connect. These look easy and yummy!

    Ashley @ downsizingashley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy crap this look so so good

    ReplyDelete